A note from Joy Hughes -Now that the first solar gardens on XCEL territory are producing power, it's time to look to the future! I'll be traveling back to Colorado to attend the premiere screenings of Josh Fox's Gasland II in Boulder on Wednesday May 22 and in Colorado Springs on Thursday May 23. Get your tickets at http://gaslandmovie.com
During my trip, I'll be hosting some informal gatherings for happy hour, tea, and snacks. We'll be using this time to discuss how to take community solar to the next level while keeping it real. If you'd like to attend one, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org - please be sure to include your name and the event you'll be attending.
Monday May 20th, 7-9 PM
Kona Grill, Cherry Creek Mall
3000 E 1st Ave
Wednesday May 22nd, 2-4 PM
Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
1770 13th St
Thursday May 23rd, 4PM-5:30PM
322 1/2 N Tejon St
Friday May 24th, Noon-2PM
300 W Sackett Ave.
Friday May 24th, 6-8PM
529 Main St (Corner of State and Main)
Saturday May 25th, 10:30AM-Noon
4th Street Diner
411 4th St.
Saturday May 25th, 6-8 PM
187 W Silver Ave.
Tuesday May 28th, 7-9 PM
Solar Gardens Institute Charter
- As SGI has grown, specific roles, expectation, and democratic process have become essential. Download the proposed charter here - feel free to make comments!
SGI Regional Group for Colorado
- The Solar Gardens Institute started in Colorado, but has gone national and even worldwide. It's time to strengthen our roots back home.
Solar and Fracking
- Solar Power will reduce the total use of fossil fuels. But will high solar penetration increase the use of natural gas? Not if we do it right.
Community Shared Solar Policy
- I've been selected as a reviewer for the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) Model Rules for Shared Renewable Energy Programs.
Solar garden participation for low income subscribers.
- Five percent of solar garden capacity in Colorado is reserved for customers with incomes below 185% of the poverty line. Learn about financial models for making this possible.
Become a Solar Gardens Institute Member
1. Fill out membership form here
2. Return form to email@example.com
3. Donate at least $1 to SGI's Equable Community Solar Fund
Donations to SGI through the Equable Community Solar Fund are now tax deductible! Any donation of $1 or more will qualify you for SGI membership (though of course we hope you donate more than a dollar). The Community Power Network is our fiscal sponsor.
Post a Comment